Here is the official music video to Bilal’s “Back To Love” record.
Ok so this is fairly simple, Like Bilal’s Facebook page, tell people you like it by sharing and then you’ll get a download to the mixtape for doing so. Sounds fair.
Download: Bilal-The Retrospect
The Roots are back again this year with their eleventh studio album. How does Undun compare to How I Got Over and The Roots earlier work? Dead End Hip Hop paired up with The Needledrop to bring you this epic review of The Roots latest project UnDun. As always, No Politics. No BS.
New mixtape from DJ Jamad back with more Afromentals. Here is Moods Music x Afromentals: In the Moods | Ginger Snaps. Tracklist and download link below.
1. A Tribe Called Quest – Bonita Applebum
2. Miles Bonney x Taku – Down To Earth Club Music
3. Outkast x Dwele – Royal Flush + Dime For Your Thoughts (Jamad mOD)
4. Sa-Ra – Hollywood Mix (ft. Bilal)
5. The Rurals – Just Fine
6. Walter Beasley x Bill Withers – A Lovely Day (Jamad mOD)
7. Ice Cube – A Good Day Mix
8. Jill Scott – Talk To Me
9. Q-tip – Ride
10. Kindred The Family Soul – You Got Love (ft. Snoop Dogg)
11. Noel Gourdin – Beautiful
12. Grooveman Spot – Affection (ft. Ahu)
13. Busta Rhymes – Woo Hah Mix
14. Georgia Anne Muldrow – Requiem For Leroy
15. Kylie Auldist – In a Week, In a Day (Ashley Beedle’s Streetsoul Edit)
16. 4 Hero – Give In (ft. Darien Brockington & Phonte)
17. Tall Black Guy – Thrill Seeker
18. Marvin Gaye – Ain’t That Perculiar (Ambassadeurs Reconstruct)
19. Erykah Badu – Turn Me Away (Get Money)
20. Camp Lo – Summer Love
21. Junior Mafia – Get Money
22. J Dilla x Little River – Reminiscing My Baby (Jamad mOD)
23. D’Nell – Time 2 Say [Break Reform Remix]
24. The Floacist – Keep It Going (ft. Raheem DeVaughn)
25. Donald Byrd – Wind Parade
26. Josh Xantus – Let’s Ride (ft. Jadakiss)
27. Seal – Violet
28. Quadron – Average Fruit [10.4 Rog Grade School Crush Version]
29. King – Supernatural
30. Goldie – Believe
“Levels” is the latest video from Bilal directed by Flying Lotus. The video features Bilal alongside Erykah Badu, Thundercat and Shafiq Husayn (producer of “Levels“). Included is also a free download of the KenBts remix of “Levels (ft. Chris Davis)“. Download below.
Here is a recent interview Vibe captured with Blu:
Why did you decide to drop the GodLee Barnes LP as one long un-mastered song?
I started to really enjoy releasing songs on MySpace. I did that for about a year, and then it went to releasing short projects. I dropped a couple instrumental projects and the Her Favorite Colour mixtape online. Then Twitter started popping. With the GodLee Barnes LP, I just felt the raw energy of it because that was the original way I recorded it. That old school cassette feel felt right. I may release an official version of that in the future
Will you ever drop an official mixtape with a DJ?
We’re still wrapping mixing the record and getting our campaign together. There might be a mixtape coming. I’ve been talking to some real DJs about doing my first official mixtape. I definitely want to out my foot in that arena⎯show them how I would do it. You’ll definitely hear some random singles from me very soon.
You really seem to keep a low profile.
I definitely have this aura where I like to keep it low-key. I’ve always felt like an underground artist, and it was pretty easy to keep it that way in a sense because that’s where I was established and my comfort zone is. But with the Internet, I’m able to keep my presence without any major radio or TV play.
How did you get down with Lupe’s supergroup, All City Chess Club?
I talked to Lupe on the phone about the crew. He’s the head honcho with All City Chess Club. He really just gave me call on the random one day [laughs]. For some reason, I thought it was Bilal. But we chopped it up for a while. And a little while later he shot me the “I’m Beaming (Remix)” to get on there. I’m still waiting and wanting to lay some verses with them. I’m definitely down with recording an album.